Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ty Segall On The Move

Man I try not to talk about it because I feel like we've gushed enough.. but Ty Segall just keeps on killing it!! If you haven't got to hear his new LP, Goodbye Bread, which came out on Drag City a few months back, it is definitely one of the best jams of the summer. We've been trying to get him back to Carby for a while, but it keeps falling through. If you're like us though, you can't wait and maybe you should go see him play one of the two amazing shows he is playing close by this week! He is playing at Exit/In in Nashville tomorrow for only $6, with Heavy Cream and D. Watusi (who both rule), and then he is playing at Goner Fest 8 in Memphis on Thursday!


OH, and Mikal Cronin is playing both of those shows as well! THAT SHOULD SEAL THE DEAL!! He is the man behind Moonhearts (who you may remember blew us away last summer), has released albums with Ty, and just released his solo debut TODAY on one of our fav labels, Chicago's Trouble In Mind. Those shows will rule!



And I almost forgot the whole reason I wanted to make this post! I just heard that this year we will also see the release of Ty Segall - Singles 2007-2010 LP from Goner Records on November 22. I snagged this from him last summer on cassette via Psychic Snerts, and DAMN it is good. I am always scared I will wear the tape out, because it hass all the hard to find jams, but fear not, the vinyl version is coming! That makes 4, yes FOUR, 12" LP releases for Ty Segall in 2011. Almost keeping up with Thee Oh Sees..

No comments:

Post a Comment